FAQ: Air ConditionersSplit Systems
- I live near the sea and am worried about salt corrosion on the coils inside an outdoor unit.
- What if the capacity of an air conditioner is too small for a room?
- What if the capacity of an air conditioner is too large for a room?
- Can I have a wired remote controller for my air conditioner instead of a wireless controller?
- Should I get a single-phase or 3-phase air conditioner?
- When replacing the current air conditioner with a new one, should I choose one with the same or different capacity?
- Why don't we refer to horsepower (HP) anymore for air conditioners?
- What is not covered under warranty?
- What is covered under warranty?
- What should I do when the indicator lamps on the indoor unit blink?
- The indoor unit doesn't start to operate immediately after it is switched on.
- The indoor unit is making a strange noise.
- The air from the indoor unit smells.
- Mist or steam is coming out of the indoor unit.
- Airflow from the indoor unit is weak or stops.
- The indoor unit doesn't operate at all.
- I have poor cooling (or heating) performance of an indoor unit.
- An indicator on the indoor unit blinks slowly during heating operation.
- The indoor unit does not operate as commanded by a remote controller.
- Water is draining out of the outdoor unit.
- How do I find the model name of my air conditioner?
- Can I reuse the existing piping installed for my old air conditioner?
- What happens if the piping is of less than the minimum recommended length (3 to 5 meters)?
- Can I reuse the existing ducting installed for my old air conditioner?
- What is the best place to install a wall mount air conditioner?
- Can I cover the front of the outdoor unit to make it less conspicuous?
- What is the best place to install an outdoor unit of a split air conditioner?
- When I move to another house, can I have my existing split air conditioner dismantled and reinstalled at the new location?