Environment ： Environmental ManagementGreen procurement
Procurement activities based on green procurement standards
Fujitsu General Group is promoting green procurement activities in cooperation with Fujitsu Group companies and promoting the procurement from suppliers that comply with the requirement of green procurement based on the "Fujitsu Group Green Procurement Standards” common to Fujitsu Group. Also, regarding the environmental management system, CO2 emission reduction, water resource conservation and biodiversity conservation activities of suppliers, we are monitoring with the environmental investigation slip common to Fujitsu Group and requesting them to promote the activities.
Requirements to suppliers for green procurement
Construction of environmental management system (EMS)
The Fujitsu General Group is requesting suppliers the construction of environmental management system（EMS）to promote the environmental conservation activity by improving continuously. The environmental management system of suppliers is categorized according to the construction level, Level 3 (Acquisition of third party certificate of ISO14001, etc.) in principle, but we are supporting suppliers of Level 1 and 2 for construction and operation of environmental management systems.
Obtaining information on chemical substances
Fujitsu General Group is conducting the investigation of chemical substance for business partners. In FY2018, along with the termination of the support of AIS (Note 3)/MSDSPIus (Note 4), we transferred to the successor scheme chemSHERPA (Note 5). As for the transition, we conducted a briefing session for domestic and overseas business partners. The information obtained will be shared within Fujitsu General Group and thoroughly managed by the in-house system.
Briefing session for business partners at FUJITSU GENERAL (THAILAND) CO., LTD.
Construction of product component chemical substance management system (CMS)
In order to ensure the compliance with laws and regulations concerning chemical substances contained in products, we are requesting suppliers to construct CMS (Note 6) based on the "Guidelines for the chemical substances in products” of JAMP.
Regarding CMS of suppliers, auditing staff of Fujitsu General Group are visiting suppliers and checking the situations of establishment and operation and if necessary, supporting the level-up as needed.
- Note 1 Suppliers of components：
- Suppliers who supply components of Fujitsu Group products or OEM/ODM products.
- Note 2 Simplified environmental management system：
- Suppliers' own environmental management system.
- Note 3 AIS：
- (Article Information Sheet) Transmission sheet of chemical substance contained in molded articles.
- Note 4 MSDS Plus：
- (Material Safety Data Sheet Plus) Transmission sheet of chemical substance contained in chemical substance/compounding agent.
- Note 5 chemSHERPA：
- (Chemical information SHaring and Exchange under Reporting Partnership in supply chain) A scheme that facilitates sharing information on chemical substances in products.
- Note 6 CMS：
- Chemical substance Management System.
- All images shown are for illustration purpose only.